Eat Natural understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Our Site will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and rights under law.
What does this policy cover?
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other identifiers.
What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any personal data that we have
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this page.
What data do we collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Information about your preferences and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to
How do you use my personal data?
Under GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to or use of your personal data, or because it is in in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing email@example.com
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
How and where do you store or transfer my personal data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
Do you share my personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How can I control my personal data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our Site.
How can I withhold information?
How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of tha personal data and for copy of it. This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in the section below.
How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01787 479123
Postal address: 4, Fourth Avenue, Halstead, Essex, CO9 2SY
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th May 2018.